HALO is the first product of an entirely new class of plant growth additives utilising the Harpin Alpha Beta protein, a powerful new plant technology.
HALO is foliar applied or used as a seed or tuba pre-treatment. Halo’s unique natural protein leads the plant to believe it is under attack, this ‘tricks’ the plant and naturally forces the plant to ‘defend itself’ turning on stress-defence and growth systems and reproducing very rapidly. If a plant ‘believes’ it is under attack, it will grow and reproduce at rapid rates as a means of ensuring it’s survival. This results in a healthier and more productive plant with an increase in crop vigor, stamina, nutrient uptake and reproductive growth (depending on time of application).
Both laboratory and field studies have shown that HALO treated plants exhibit accelerated growth, earlier flowering and early/increased fruit sets. These observed effects on growth and development will lead to a stronger, healthier plant, that is less susceptible to disease with increased yields and a shortened time to harvest.
- A higher growth rate due to an increase in photosynthesis by up to 25% (this is particularly noticed when growing under lights). In addition, the nutrient uptake in plants is also increased. Ultimately HALO provides value to growers by increasing yield and fruit quality.
- Activates growth mechanisms that result in improved plant vigour, increased plant stamina and an improved stress-defence response.
- Activates cell wall expansion, cell elongation, protein and sugar transport and promotes flower initiation, fruit set and size.
- Activates defence mechanisms increasing the plant’s ability to defend itself against certain viral, bacterial and fungal plant diseases.
- Pre-harvest applications reduce the incidence of botrytis (bud rot) and extends crop shelf-life.
- Increases fruit sugars, tests have demonstrated increases of over 35% in Gala apples, for example.
- Increased calcium uptake through the roots by more than 20%.
- An increase in vegetative growth when applied in the growth phase of a plant.
- Offers some frost protection on blossoming crops.
- In trials it has been found that In seed treatments HALO reduces the number of nematode eggs among plant roots by an average 50% or more.